11 October – Shodohai, Sheffield
18 October – Nottingham uni Shodokan Aikido 20th anniversary, Nottingham
25 October – SAUK Regional Squad, York
1 November – SAUK Individual tanto and embu competition, EIS Sheffield
4 November – Grading, Sheffield
8 November – Aikido Marathon, Sheffield
15/16 November – London & Hove Aikido Festival
22 November – Shodohai, Sheffield
29 November – SAUK National squad, Kyogikan dojo, Sheffield
6 December – SAUK Christmas grading and seminar, London
9 December – Grading, Sheffield
17 December – Christmas training, Sheffield
20 December – SAUK Regional Squad, Venue TBC
11 October – Shodohai, Sheffield
We’ll be at the Octagon and Union piazza between 11.00 and 16.00 tomorrow with a stall & leaflets. We’re also having a demonstration at 11.40 until 12.00. Do not miss!
Our chair has got us two important events regarding intro week.
Firstly, on the 23rd of September is an Aikido demonstration at 13:30 (location TBA).
Secondly, on the 26th September is Sports Fair! We will have a stand there handing out fliers and promoting the sports club.
Our Give-it-a-go dates for semester 1 of 2014/15 have been organised to attract newcomers! The dates are:
Following last nights AGM our new Committee for 2014-2015 will be:
Captain – Michael Agi Cheung
Secretary – Ng Tsing Yu
Treasurer – Natalie Al-Otaibi
Inclusions Officer – Ng Tsing Yu
Equipment and Safety Officer – Michelle Tan Mei Sze
Social Secretary – Michelle Tan Mei Sze
Web Officer – Edmund Duesbury
Thanks to everybody who came to the meeting and thank you all for this past year.
We’ll have an official hand over some time in the next week or 2 so that everyone knows there new roles.
It’s come to my attention that there’s a second events calendar. It’s for SAUK (Shodokan Aikido UK), though it overlaps a lot with Sheffield affairs.
This notably includes the Referee Course on the 29th of March – which is free to attend, from 14:00 to 16:00. That isn’t currently on the other calendar (at the time of posting).
Anyway it’s now on the right bar.
- Wednesday (5/3, 8-9am) – Kendo, taught by 5th dan kendoka Colin McCurdy.
- Wednesday (5/3 5-7pm) – Grading, available to students and City members alike.
- Saturday (8/3, 11am-3pm) – SAUK National Squad training. This training is for competitors who want to take their training to a higher level and take part in international aikido competitions. This is an open session, so if you are 2nd kyu and above (men) or 3rd kyu and above (women) and are interested in pushing your training further, turn up! Be ready for a dynamic session coached by national squad coach Scott Allbright. £10 students, £15 otherwise.
- Student national competition (Sat 5-Sun 6 April, Edinburgh) the friendliest aikido competition in the UK! And the Scots do know how to put a party on. For students. Members who are shodan and above and no longer eligible, please contact Scott to confirm you will be refereeing.
I was asked to link to this regarding Kangeiko (the 24 hour winter challenge):
In short, we need to raise the money in order to fund the installation of a heating system as without it, it’ll be pretty difficult to convince children to train with us!
- The student timetable will resume on Tuesday 21st January.
As you might have noticed – I’ve increased the width of the page to allow for the Google events calendar I’ve put into the right side-bar.
This means that the admin (i.e myself) doesn’t need to waste time informing you about events that already exist on this more frequently-updated calendar, owned by the City Club (though Student sessions are also shown on it). Looks a tad out of place compared to the previous calendar, but it’s more useful! Click on the “+ Google Calendar” button on the bottom-right of this calendar to add it to your Google account, thus saving you the effort from having to visit this website just to see the calendar.
Happy new year (as of 4 and a half hours)